RAPTORS 905 ANTI GRAVITY CONTEST
2018/19 Raptors 905 Ticket Anti Gravity Contest (the “Contest”)
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that by participating in the Contest you are providing your information to Tangerine and not to Instagram (except as otherwise specified in the Instagram terms). You agree to completely release Instagram of all liability in connection with this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Instagram and not Instagram.
Official Contest Rules
No Purchase Necessary
1. Eligibility: No purchase is necessary to participate in the Contest. Open only to legal residents of Canada, excluding residents of Quebec. Entrants must be of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at time of entry and have the Instagram application downloaded on their mobile smart device (“Device”) and an Instagram account as at date of entry. Employees of Tangerine or any of its affiliates (including The Bank of Nova Scotia), or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of employees are not eligible.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Tangerine Bank with its head office at 3389 Steeles Ave. E., Toronto, Ontario M2H 0A1 (referred to here as “Tangerine” or “Sponsor”).
Contest Period: Entrants may enter the Contest by visiting the Tangerine Raptors 905 Anti-Gravity photo booth at Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga, Ontario on November 9th, 2018 between the hours of 6:00 p.m. (EST) and 10:00 p.m. (EST) (the “Entry Period”). All Entry Posts must be received by Sponsor within the Entry Period to be eligible.
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
To participate in this Contest, entrants must have a valid Instagram® account (“Social Account”). Before entering the Contest, your Instagram account privacy settings must have the “Private Account” setting turned off and the “Photos are Private” account setting option must be set to “OFF”. Entrants who don’t have an account can go to instragram.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free account. To enter the Contest, entrants must during the Entry Period (see Section 3):
- Enter the Anti-Gravity booth and take a photo with their Device doing a larger than life slam dunk off the rim.
- Upload one (1) photo taken in Step (i) to your personal Instagram account and tag it using #TangerineHoops.
- Follow @TangerineHoops.
Each eligible posted photo will be counted as one (1) entry (each an “Entry Post”) and must meet the entry requirements set out below. A maximum of one (1) Entry Post per person per day of the Entry Period will be accepted. An entrant will receive one (1) entry when the entrant tags an eligible Post in accordance with these Official Contest Rules. Any Entry Post that doesn’t follow the above format as determined by the Sponsor will be ineligible for entry in the Contest. Re-posting another entrant’s Entry Post is not eligible for entry in the Contest. Posting duplicate or near duplicate updates or links is a violation of these Official Contest Rules, and posting the same picture repeatedly will not count as a new Entry Post. All such posts will be ineligible for entry in the Contest. Entrants can use one (1) Social Account to enter or otherwise participate in the Contest. Anyone found using multiple Social Accounts and/or attempting to use multiple identities to participate in this Contest will be disqualified. Standard data rates or text messaging rates may apply when you submit an Entry Post by smartphone or mobile device. Consult your carrier for your standard smartphone data rates. You are not required to use the data on your mobile device to enter this Contest. In the event of dispute over the identity of the potential entrant who submitted an Entry Post, the Entry Post will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to submit the Entry Post. The entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Social Account. All Entry Posts immediately become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor. Each Entry Post must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entry Posts (including but not limited to Entry Posts made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified, and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
4. Submission Requirements:
Any Entry Post deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to have any Entry Post removed which, in its sole discretion, does not comply with these Official Contest Rules. In such event, the entry associated with such Entry Post will be disqualified.
To be eligible, all Entry Posts must meet the following requirements:
- Entry Posts must be the original work of entrant (no co-contributors permitted);
- Entry Posts must not have been previously published or won an award or prize of any kind;
- Entrant must be depicted in the Entry Post;
- Entry Posts must not contain content that: is inappropriate, offensive or indecent including profanity, nudity, or sexual content; promotes racism, hatred, violence or harm against any living creature, individual or group; promotes discrimination based on gender, race, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other prohibited ground; or promotes the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, weapons, or illegal activities;
- Entry Posts must not contain advertisements, personal or commercial solicitations, or promote any political agenda or party;
- Entry Posts must not contain any identifiable third party products and/or trademarks, brands or logos, anti-competition messages or material that violates the rights of the Sponsor, Raptors 905, MLSE, NBA and their respective partners. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a photo must not contain any visible logos, trademarks or other third party materials, unless the necessary permissions/licences have been obtained;
- Entry Posts must not contain names, likenesses, photos or other information about an identifiable individual, including without limitation celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without express written permission from the person(s) (or their estate);
- Entry Posts must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and not contain any material that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation or goodwill of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or affiliates, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and
- Entry Posts must not violate or encourage the violation of any law, rule or regulation.
5. Prizing: There will be ten (10) prizes available to be awarded, each prize consisting of four (4) tickets to the Grand Rapids Drive @ Raptors 905 game on
6. Winner Selection: A random draw will be conducted by Sponsor on
Selected entrants will be notified on
In order to be declared the Prize winner, in addition to complying with the other terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules, the selected entrant must respond to the notification by
By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry Post, each entrant consents to the use by Sponsor of his/her name, address (city and province), Social Account user name, photo, image, likeness, biographical information, voice and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Contest or Sponsor for promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity and commercial purposes in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, online and social media, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law.
Should a selected entrant fail to meet any of these Official Contest Rules in Sponsor’s sole discretion, or a selected entrant cannot be reached or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, entrant will be disqualified. A new random draw will be conducted from amongst all remaining eligible Entry Posts for the applicable draw in accordance with these Official Contest Rules in order to select another potential Prize winner, who will be subject to the same conditions and could be disqualified in the same manner.
7. General Terms and Conditions: By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and the independent judging organization, if any, which are final and binding without right of appeal on all matters relating to this Contest. All Entry Posts become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged and by participating in this Contest entrants agree that Sponsor may (but is not obligated to) share select Entry Posts on its Instagram account or other social media sites. Entry Posts will not be acknowledged and no correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all entrants who fail to comply with these Official Contest Rules or who make any misrepresentation relating to the Contest, drawing and redemption of any Prize.
Entrant represents and warrants that its Entry Post does not and will not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third party right or violate any applicable law or regulation, including any right to privacy or publicity. By entering the Contest, entrant grants Sponsor a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute and display each submitted Entry Post and use each Entry Post in any manner including promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity and commercial uses without any further notice or payment to entrant (except where prohibited by law).
By participating, entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, and its and their directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with this Contest, participating establishments and any independent contest judges appointed by Sponsor from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including, but not limited to, illness, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Contest or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties.
The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any failure of email during the Contest or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email, on-line, or Internet entry to be received by the Sponsor. In addition, the Sponsor shall not be responsible for technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant's or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, extend or modify this Contest without notice, obligation or liability if in the Sponsors’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, force majeure or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner(s) from all eligible Entry Posts received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entry Posts are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
The Sponsor shall not be responsible in any way for the use of, or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to, the Prize awarded in this Contest or the events forming part of this Contest, including but not limited to typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, these Rules, the selection and announcement of winners or the distribution of the Prize. The Sponsor and its affiliates, and its and their officers, directors, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, successors and assigns (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty or condition, and (iii) are not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, travel related thereto or otherwise from participation in this Contest.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms of these Rules and the terms or statements contained in any short-form Contest rules, advertising materials and/or the French version of these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
8. Privacy: The Sponsor is committed to respecting the privacy rights of entrants. Any personal information collected will be handled in strict accordance with the Tangerine Privacy Code found at tangerine.ca and all applicable privacy legislation. The Sponsor will not sell any personal information collected for this Contest to any third parties. Except as otherwise set forth herein with respect to the Prize winner, any personal information collected for this Contest shall be collected, used and disclosed by the Sponsor solely for the purpose of managing and administering this Contest. By entering this Contest, the entrant hereby consents to the Sponsor's collection, use and disclosure of the entrant's personal information in order to manage and administer this Contest.
9. Contest Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Tangerine @TangerineHoops Contest, Attention Marketing Department, 3389 Steeles Ave. E., Toronto, Ontario M2H 0A1. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
Tangerine is a registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under licence.
Forward Banking is a registered trademark of Tangerine Bank.
Scotiabank is a registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc.
© 2018 Tangerine Bank. All Rights Reserved.
SHORT FORM RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest runs only on November 9, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. (EST) to 10:00 p.m. (EST) at Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga. Total of 10 winners will each receive 4 tickets to the 2018/19 Raptors 905 home game on December 2, 2018 at Paramount Fine Foods Arena (ARV of each prize $40). Limit of one (1) entry per person. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received. Open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority (excluding Quebec) at time of entry. Skill-testing question required. Some conditions apply. See Official Contest Rules at www.tangerine.ca/slamdunkcontest for complete details.