Terms and Conditions
- The Tangerine Bank (the “Bank”) Chequing Bonus Offer (the “Offer”) is available between September 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017(the “Offer Period”), to New Clients who open a Chequing Account and/or switch their payroll direct deposits for at least 3 consecutive months where the conditions outlined below are satisfied. The Offer expires on February 28, 2017 (the “Offer Expiry”), and the first qualifying payroll direct deposit must be received on or before March 31, 2017. Payroll direct deposits include, and are limited to, the types of payroll outlined in Section 8 below.
- The $25 Account Opening Bonus is available to New Tangerine Clients whose first product is a Tangerine Chequing Account and who enroll using the Orange Key 'orange25'.
- The $75 Payroll Bonus is available to New Clients with a Tangerine Chequing Account. "New Clients" are individuals who have never held any Account with Tangerine or its predecessor/subsidiary companies prior to September 1, 2016.
- For Joint Accounts, only the Primary Account Holder is eligible to receive the Bonus.
- To earn the $25 Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the promoted Orange Key and successfully open your first Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum deposit of $100 by February 28, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening . This offer can’t be combined with other New Client cash Bonus offers.
- To earn the $25 Bonus, the New Client must successfully open their first Tangerine Chequing Account by February 28, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when the Account Terms and Conditions have been satisfied and the Account is without restrictions. This offer cannot be combined with other New Client cash Bonus offers.
- To receive the $75 Bonus, Clients who open their first Tangerine Chequing Account during the Offer Period must:
- never have received a Bonus related to switching their payroll direct deposits or pre-authorized payments, to any Account at any time previously,
- have their first payroll direct deposit received in their Tangerine Chequing Account by March 31, 2017 and have their subsequent payroll direct deposits continue for 3 consecutive months.
- The Bonus(es) will be paid to the Client’s Tangerine Chequing Account in the subsequent month following the satisfaction of the conditions outlined above.
Qualifying Canadian Payment Association (CPA) Codes:
- Deposits categorized under the Canadian Payment Association code as payroll, listed below, qualify for the Offer. In addition, pension, Employment Insurance, Old Age Security, Canadian Pension Plan, Workers Compensation, Parental Assistance and Income Security Benefit deposits qualify for the Offer.
|CPA Code||CPA Type Description|
|272||Retirement Income Fund|
|310||Canada Pension Plan|
|311||Old Age Security|
|313||Canadian Pension Commission|
|315||Public Service Superannuation|
|316||Canadian Forces Superannuation|
|603||Income Security Benefit|
|606||Workers' Compensation Board|
- Limit of one Payroll Bonus and one Account Opening Bonus per Client.
- Payroll direct deposits must be made to a Tangerine Chequing Account to be eligible for this Offer.
- If the Bank is unable to run the Offer as planned for any reason, the Bank reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
- The Bank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. In the event of conflict, these Terms and Conditions will prevail over any of the contents of any brochure or other promotional materials advertising this Offer.
- The Bank reserves the right to withdraw the Offer in whole or in part, or to vary any of these Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time without notice at its absolute discretion. The Bank reserves the right to end the Offer earlier or to extend the Offer Period further at its absolute discretion.
- The Bank reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Account holder it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the Offer.
- This Offer may be suspended, modified or withdrawn at any time without notice.
- You agree that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. Any notice offered by us with respect to this Offer is deemed to be provided on the day it is posted on our website.