Open a Tangerine Chequing Account and say goodbye to unfair bank fees
Don’t think bank fees are a big deal? The average Canadian spends up to $220 a year in bank fees, according to Statistics Canada.** Over time, that money really adds up – wouldn’t it be nice if you could use it towards something more worthwhile? With a Tangerine no-fee daily Chequing Account, you could keep more of your money, and finally say goodbye to unfair fees.
- No fees for daily chequing transactions: Free, unlimited debit purchases, bill payments, pre-authorized payments and Email Money Transfers.
- Free ABM access through the Scotiabank® ABM Network.1
- Pays interest: Earn interest on every dollar in your Account. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Banking on the go: Access your Accounts online, through your mobile device or over the phone – anywhere/anytime.
- Cheque-In®: Use this feature of our Mobile Banking app to deposit cheques instantly with your smartphone or tablet
- Email alerts: We’ll let you know when your money is in motion – so you can stay on top of it at all times.
Plus, get up to $100 in Bonuses* when you become a new Client and switch now.
When you become a new Client by opening a Tangerine Chequing Account with a deposit of $100 or more and use the Orange Key® Orange25 between September 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017, we’ll give you a $25 cash Bonus.
Once you’ve opened your Account, you can earn an additional $75 Bonus when you switch your payroll direct deposits by February 28, 2017. Your first payroll direct deposit has to be deposited into your Tangerine Chequing Account by February 28, 2017 in order to get the $75 cash Bonus.
Ready to become a Client by opening a Tangerine Chequing Account?
Don’t forget to enter this Orange Key: Orange25
Our Switch Assistant tool makes it easy to transfer everything from your chequing account at your other bank to Tangerine
After you open your Tangerine Chequing Account, you can use our Switch Assistant tool to switch your banking. It’s a simple tool to use and takes as little as 15 minutes to set up transfers of your:
- payroll direct deposits
- pre-authorized payments
- bill payees
Once you’ve arranged your transfers, the tool gives you updates on how they’re progressing. And with Switch Protection, you can feel confident that in case a transferred pre-authorized payment comes through slightly ahead of a transferred direct deposit, we’ll hold off your payment until 7:30 pm to help give it a chance to clear.
Tangerine’s Chequing Account named ‘Best Chequing Account’ by RateSupermarket.ca TM
We’re pleased to have won an award for ‘Best Chequing Account’ in RateSupermarket.ca’s ‘Best of Finance 2015’.
The 'Tangerine' trademarks are owned by The Bank of Nova Scotia and used under licence. Forward Banking, Cheque-In and Orange Key are registered trademarks of Tangerine Bank.
Scotiabank® is a registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
* To earn the $25 Bonus, you must successfully open your first Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum deposit of $100 between September 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017 using the Orange Key. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus deposits will be made within 30 days into your Tangerine Chequing Account. This Offer cannot be combined with any other New Client Account opening offers, including Refer a Friend. Once the Orange Key has been submitted, it cannot be reversed. To earn the $75 Bonus, which is available between September 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017 to eligible Clients who switch their eligible payroll direct deposits for at least three consecutive months, the Offer Terms and Conditions must be satisfied. Only Clients who have never received a Bonus related to switching their payroll direct deposits are eligible for the $75 Bonus. The Offer will only be applicable to Tangerine Chequing Accounts where the eligible Client is the Primary Account Holder. For full Offer Terms and Conditions, please visit tangerine.ca/switch/termsandconditions.
**Source: Statistics Canada Table 203-0021 – Survey of household spending (SHS), household spending, Canada, regions and provinces, annual (dollars).
1Tangerine will waive the International ABM Access Fee and Global ATM Alliance members will waive any terminal convenience or usage fees for any withdrawal transactions performed at Global ATM Alliance machines with your Tangerine Debit Card. “Free Access” does not apply to Scotiabank ABMs in Costa Rica, Haiti, Panama or Uruguay.