Additional Orange Key® Guidelines
We love it when our Clients eagerly participate in our Refer a Friend program. As a Client, when you share your Orange Key with someone you know, it’s the same as saying, “Hey, I really like banking with Tangerine, and I think you’ll enjoy becoming a Client, too.” This means a lot to us, which is why we offer a Refer a Friend Referral Bonus as our way of saying thanks.
Like everything else in life, there’s some etiquette to be aware of when you share your Orange Key, otherwise it could lead to disqualification:
- Advertising (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.): We do not encourage paid advertising of any kind related to your personal Orange Key.
- Spam: We all hate spam. Share it one-on-one only with a limited number of friends and family (remember you can only earn up to $150 for referrals per year). We do not permit mass distribution of Orange Keys.
- Eligible Referrals: Refer only “friends or family members” as we’ve defined it (see full Offer Terms and Conditions).
- Personal Use Only: The Refer a Friend Program can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes (i.e., you cannot sell or transfer Orange Keys).
- Tangerine Trademarks: The Tangerine lawyers want us to remind you that it’s not OK to use our trademarks, including our logo, anywhere that you’re using your Orange Key. Imitation may be the highest form of flattery, but it’s important that you don’t represent yourself as Tangerine in any channels where you’re sharing your Orange Key.
- Read the Rules: You are only eligible to participate in the Refer a Friend program if you follow all of the rules, so make sure you understand how the program works.
- We’ve created an email template and other tools you can use if you choose to share your Orange Key in that manner. We recommend that you use the template as-is for maximum effectiveness, rather than changing it but using this template is not a requirement.
Thanks for your referrals!